Webinar Recording brought to you by BuyProperly Limited.
In a survey conducted by Business Intelligence, nearly 3/4th of the millennials indicated they visit the branch once or less per month, while 40% do not visit physical banks at all.
While often blamed for killing industries (retail, home improvement stores, beer), they are only forcing these industries to rethink the paradigm we operate in. This is changing the way we interact with these traditional institutions. New Apps will come out that will allow individuals to create portfolios that mimic those of hedge funds and mutual funds, do banking and stock trading and now even buy real estate online.
View our webinar recording with Mahima Poddar and Pouya Zangeneh as they talk about the questions below:
- Do you believe challenger banks, neo banks, fintechs have been successfully able to capture share from traditional institutions, specially in the context of millennials and GenZ
- What in your opinion are the top things millennials/Gen Z look for when choosing Financial Institutions ?
- What are some of the things your bank/institution is currently doing/ offering that will get millennials/ genZ excited? What are the differentiators?
- With open banking coming (hopefully the stalled work of the open banking task force will restart soon) – how do you see the landscape evolving for fintechs/ challengers and incumbents.
- Is there scope for startups and Fintechs to work with traditional institutions and co-exist for mutual benefits ? Will this destroy millennial trust in fintechs and genx/ older generations in traditional institutions or will it strengthen?
Mahima Poddar (Profile)
Senior Vice President, Digital Banking and Strategy @ Equitable Bank
Mahima is the Senior Vice President, Digital Banking and Strategy @ Equitable Bank. Previously, she was a long time management consultant with the Boston Consulting Group and a member of both the BCG Financial Services and Corporate Development practices. Mahima holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and an HBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business at The University of Western Ontario.
Pouya Zangeneh (Profile )
VP of Strategy, Scotiabank
Pouya Zangeneh is the Vice President of Strategy at Scotiabank. He has completed his MBA from University of Michigan – Stephen M. Ross School of Business and M.A.Sc in Mechanical Engineering from McMaster University. He has over 10+ years of experience working at companies like Bain and Company and Engie before leading charge at Scotiabank.
Khushboo Jha (Profile)
CEO @ BuyProperly Limited
Khushboo Jha is the CEO of BuyProperly Limited. She has an MBA from Wharton School, Univ of Pennsylvania, and a Bachelor degree in Architecture from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur. She has over 10+ years of experience at Amazon, Deutsche Bank and Accenture. She is a builder at heart and has built and launched two marketplaces within Amazon and has extensive experience leveraging AI for efficiency. She has lived and worked in US, UK, Canada, and India.